lördag 20 november 2010

Speed dating- the truth defines us

I was led to a speed dating event the other night and I believe that as we are getting on in our years, one can't really afford to be coy about certain needs, wants and specifications. Playing hard to get belonged to the teenage years which in Swedish terms means well into the late thirties until one gets pregnant and then we are "mamma ledig".
Which brings me to my dilemma about how honest should I be about myself in a three minute speed date session? The voice of my Yoga teacher came upon me,"cut to the chase".
So it is my turn and I find myself sitting opposite an attractive man, maybe late thirties - far too young for me, Possums, so already I have as they say in dramatic terms - a "conflict".
He sits, smells like fly spray, looks like my first husband when he was married to his first wife. I seem to attract patterns from some time vortex that never seems to leave me alone. (Is that what my therapist means by "projecting?") He starts off saying with a "So, have you done this before?" Lame, Possums. You have three minutes on the clock and you want to make a lasting impression. It's an audition, Possums, there is no call back. Time is now. You don't start with "So, have you done this before?", unless you are Dirty Harry and have a gun to my head. Now that's sexy.
So I decide to myself just make it easy for him, cut to the chase and tell it like it is and so I say this, "Look, this is the deal- first, I don't want children - doesn't matter if we fall in love and live happy ever after and you think that "love" will melt my heart and hormones and I will change my mind. I won't. Trust me. Second, I work all the time at arbetesförmedling at Starta Eget meetings and will not make any compromises when it comes to my potential career and business opportunities. I believe I will make it some day and will not be derailed from my dreams of eventually getting off AKASSA and thirdly, I don't do anal sex.
He got up and left before you could say pass the tomato sauce and before the three minutes were up, Possums.
I was quite remarkable to get all that very important information about myself under three minutes when you think about. It is an art form.
Lets face it, Possums, the man who should decide to stay after an intro like that, is a keeper, eller hur?

Inga kommentarer: