lördag 20 november 2010

I don't date. I just do marriage and divorce.

Possums, I awoke in the middle of the night and had a road to Damascus type awakening-it occurred to me that I have never dated in my life but have just gone straight to the alter and then to court. In others words, I do not really know what it feels like to date and be as open as a public toilet. But I'm a fast learner as you may note from previous entries, (Royally Rogered) my junk got nicely paddled and my husbands did not have a hand in the matter (Pardon the pun).
But what are the rules of engagement if the terms are no longer marriage and divorce? I am lost and sailing a rudderless ship. How many eligibles should be allowed to see all those stretch marks from child births (and not his off spring by the way) if they are not going to sign a deal memo before hand? A new jargon I picked up at starta eget. It means a serious intention to commit in cash, shoes or bling.
What don't I say? How emotionally inept should I be with another adult who is roughly the same age as his shoe size? (We are talking European size, Possums) Do I keep it straight, simple and honest- last time that happened on a date, he got up and left. Can I ask that he go down on me on the second date? Would that be pushing expectations? Could that be misunderstood as "needy". Like I have the time to be sexually reserved, Possums... what good has that done for women of our ranking? And does a date necessary end in or start with the sex? That's a tricky one isn't it...What about the romance? What the hell happened to that art form? And please don't give me sentimental - that's just needy and so last night. What happened to keeping it eyeball straight and saying like it is - "I dig you.I want you in bed before we can say pass the soya sauce." Providing of course, the sentiment is mutual. It has failed me a few times... but hey, it's like the game pin the donkey- you'll pin his ass eventually. Eller hur?

Inga kommentarer: